Historic Museum of Mining and historic mine "Grube Maria"
Individual tours and programs for groups (from 15 persons) can be offered by appointment.
Please note the following information about opening hours:
- Special opening or action days are published under "Current" or "Dates".
- Photography (also with flash and tripod) and video recordings for private purposes are permitted. For commercial photo, film, sound and television recordings, please contact our staff.
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs, are unfortunately not allowed into the museum.
- The annual temperatures in the visitor mines are approximately constant at 12°C and the air humidity is high. Warm clothing and sturdy shoes are therefore recommended.
- Helmets and capes are available in the pit house before the tours begin.
- We recommend sturdy shoes and sturdy clothing.
Other sightseeing options:
- Local hiking guides are happy to offer guided hikes through the former mining area of Imsbach and/or on the historical circular hiking trails. Information at: Pfälzerwald-Verein e.V. (Ortsgruppe Imsbach e.V.)
- The three signposted mining history circular routes with numerous information boards about the mining past of the municipality of Imsbach can be explored on your own all year round.
- Hiking tips at www.tourenplaner-rheinland-pfalz.de